- Laptop OR Smartphone
- Earbuds OR headphones
- External USB mic (Totally optional)
This is a great time to try out one of the Mayflower Music Ensembles! Even though we can’t sing together in real time, we will find ways to sing, learn and make music through new techniques of creating choir online. We will also continue to foster meaningful connections with one another other using virtual social gatherings. Check out the activities for the ensemble that interests you and your family:
- Children’s Choir (2nd – 5th grades) – Weekly virtual meetings (TBD -Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon), warm-ups, learn vocal technique and musical skills through games and sock puppets, learn new songs to record for worship, create outreach projects and have social time.
- Youth Choir (6th grade – 12th grade) – Weekly virtual meetings, individual virtual voice checks, create social justice outreach projects, prepare and plan virtual performances (ie: Acoustic Christmas), learn new songs to record for online worship.
- Adult Choir – Weekly virtual meetings, vocal warmups and Zoom singing, get “reacquainted with your inner musician” through study of vocal and musical skills, learn music for Virtual Choir projects for worship, create congregational or social justice outreach projects and social time.
- Bells – Occasional virtual meetings to connect, practice at home with recordings, meet quarterly for short rehearsal and filming pieces for use in online worship.