It is “Nominating Season” again. The Nominating Committee is seeking names from Mayflower members who are interested in either serving themselves or suggesting someone else to serve in the positions briefly described below (full descriptions are available for download at the bottom of this article). Ask any Nominating Committee member for more information: Connie Ford (Chair) (firstname.lastname@example.org), Ellen Baker, Ryan Pulkrabek, Dan Quillin, and Karen Smith Sellers. We are happy to accept your suggestions and help guide you through the process. The congregation will elect these positions during our Annual Congregational Meeting in May.
- The Council is the governing board of Mayflower Church. Councilors work to develop and maintain an environment that allows the congregation to fulfill its mission/vision. They must be voting members of Mayflower. A term is three years. Three councilors will be elected; one or more candidates may be existing members seeking a second term.
- Six Minnesota UCC Annual Meeting adult and youth/young adult delegates ages 13-29. Mayflower elects six delegates, including at least one youth delegate to attend the Annual Meeting of the Minnesota Conference, held virtually this year June 7-12. Delegates participate in vital worship, meet new people from UCC churches across Minnesota, and vote on resolutions affirming UCC justice commitments and shared life. Delegates serve for one year and must be voting members of Mayflower.
- One Creekside Commons Board Member. Comprised of members from Beacon Interfaith Housing and Mayflower Church, the Board meets twice annually – in October to review and approve the annual operating budget, elect officers, etc. and again in February to review and accept the audit and attend to any other business. The term is for three years.
- One Mayflower Early Childhood Center (MECC) Board Member. MECC’s mission is: “to serve an economically diverse community and to provide high-quality Montessori learning environments that meet the developmental needs of the whole child. MECC seeks to include all families in our program. We offer tuition assistance and full or partial scholarships for families who quality. We actively seek connection with families in need who live in our area.” Board members are responsible to ensure the mission of MECC is carried out.
- One Nominating Committee Member. The Nominating Committee secures candidates for all positions elected by the congregation: Mayflower Early Childhood Center Board member, Creekside Commons LLC Board member, Delegates to the Minnesota Conference UCC Annual Meeting, Councilors, and members of the Nominating Committee. The term is for three years.