Mayflower Church seeks a Facilities Manager, a full-time role that pays $20-$25/hour depending on experience. Be a part of an exciting organization working to make the world more just. Includes benefits, including generous 401k plan.
Experience with building maintenance, ability to use a computer, driver’s license, speak and write in English.
- Help with the physical daily operating needs of the church and schools.
- Prepare rooms for meetings, including setting up tables and chairs.
- Help with building maintenance. Perform basic handyman skills as able. Identify and work with contractors to perform building maintenance.
- Help with monitoring and coordinating building access, alarms, and security.
- Oversee janitorial service; assisting with janitorial issues as needed.
- Maintain external grounds, including assist snow removal service, mowing yard, and keeping external grounds clean.
- Help coordinate and manage building and grounds projects.
- The Facilities Manager is responsible for the general operation of the buildings and grounds. They will be a good team player that communicates effectively and is able to coordinate a complex set of assignments to assure maximum productivity.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds; able to climb ladders to at least ten feet; able to climb stairs and move unassisted in all areas of church facilities; able to enter and work in small, confined, and dark areas, and deal with heights.
- Work is regularly performed in a combination of office, mechanical, and outside environments, and regularly exposed to changes in temperatures, dust, fumes, and noise.
- Flexibility with work hours with changing church seasons and schedules.
Supportive of the work of Mayflower Church, a progressive Christian faith community in Southwest Minneapolis. Not expected to be a member of church.
Mayflower Church, 106 E. Diamond Lake Road, Minneapolis, MN 55419