Update on Mayflower’s Covid Precautions: Jan 1, 2023
Masks recommended but optional at Mayflower church, with the exception, for now, of 8:30 am worship services. Vaccines and updated boosters are required but on the honor system.
This change will require all of us to be responsible for assessing our situation. We offer these suggestions:
- The CDC offers an easy-to-use tool to figure out when to test, when to wear a mask, when to consider yourself ‘all-clear.’ Access the tool here. You will answer a series of simple questions that will vary depending on your answers (e.g. When were you exposed or tested positive? Do you have symptoms? Etc.)
- If you have any symptoms of illness (whether or not you feel sick), please stay home from church. Covid isn’t the only infection that is causing grief right now.
- If you have been exposed to Covid or have symptoms, please use the CDC tool even if you don’t feel sick.
- Wearing a mask is still A-OK!
- Vaccines and updated boosters are required but on the honor system (for adults at this time that is the primary series plus 3 boosters). This requirement is consistent with the just updated Mayflower strategic plan that says: “Operate with a pro-science orientation and a commitment to the health of the communal body”*.) But this requirement is not for those among us who are unable to get the vaccine.