About Faith Formation
Mayflower’s vision for life-long faith formation focuses on five key areas:
- Engaging the whole community in worship
- Strengthening relationships and ministry across generations
- Providing at-home resources
- Fostering connections for children, youth, and families with Mayflower’s justice work
- Nurturing strong leaders within the congregation
Pre-K: Spark: Activate Faith
K/1st: Godly Play & Our Whole Lives (every other year in spring)
2nd: A Joyful Path
3rd: A Joyful Path
4th/5th: Jesus and His Kingdom of Equals & Our Whole Lives (every other year in spring)
6th/7th: UCC Faith Practices, fall and spring immersion trips, winter lock-in, March food drive coordination
8th: Eighth grade youth spend the year studying Our Whole Lives (OWL), a unique curriculum on human sexuality.
9th & 10th: Confirmation
9th-12th: Learn more about youth programming
Family Faith Formation
Throughout the year parents and other adult members of Mayflower are invited to participate with children and youth in special learning events. These activities provide a space for children and adults to learn from one another and develop connections that will enrich the lives and faith of each person participating
Mayflower supports children as they learn to become partners in God’s work in the world. Following are some of the opportunities in which children and families may participate during the year:
- Weekly offering is collected and used to support a direct service or justice-focused project.
- The Aliveness Project’s “Holiday Baskets” program – Younger children will help decorate the boxes used to deliver packages to clients of the Aliveness Project. Middle school and high school youth participate in shopping and wrapping gifts for this program.
- Families and other Mayflower folk can support La Creche Early Childhood Center through our annual giving tree each December.
- The 6th/7th grade class coordinates Mayflower’s annual food drive for Minnesota Food Share month each March.
Our Director of Faith Formation, Bree McKee-Miller, would be happy to exchange emails or talk by phone. Please contact her at email@example.com.
Safe Church Policy
Mayflower Community Congregational United Church of Christ (Mayflower UCC) is committed to creating a community of faith where members, friends, staff and volunteers can exist together in an atmosphere free from all forms of discrimination, harassment, exploitation or intimidation. Download our Safe Church Policies and Procedures.